Friday, January 1, 2010

'Teddy' From 1947 Given To My Father

My Old Man had this teddy given to him by the time he was 1 and living in South Africa. His eyes were pulled off at an early date that he does not remember so his mum, my granny, sewed on the dark green buttons. In 1953 during one of my dads parents long road trips 'Teddy' was left in the lavatory of a garage they stopped at and was fortunately posted to them. Over the years 'Teddy' leaked and deteriorated as we bears all do and his mouth disappeared...Jaqui one of my fathers friends, drew a mouth back on whilst he was out and came home to be shocked! This was around 1979. He was furious because it changed his character. He eventually got used to it. He is now resting with his younger friend rejuvenated by being topped up with Kapok and leaks plugged and worn paws that are rebuilt etc....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's amazing.
I don't have anything from my mother's childhood nor my father's.

you're really lucky.

Karen and Sara Brown said...

what beautiful green (button eyes!) what was his/her name?!

The Modest Adonis said...

Teddy!!! nothing creative, im gonna write the story of him later on....keep checking in