Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Howard Tangye

Howard is a very lovely man who works at my old school, London's Central Saint Martins. I have always had a strong admiration for him without being too obvious, (because showing anything of such can scare some people!). With regards to that and being slightly contrary, i still managed to find myself complimenting and praising his 'old' style which he did so well during our passing in the corridors of the premises. We would have a brisk conversation some of which would just be complete silence with a nod of acknowledgement and the never knowing if it was to one another or just a one way appreciation from me to him!

He is a very talented illustrator and designer and i would love to share you his humble work...

A beautiful fluent quote from Howard on his thoughts on his art...

'...I draw for myself and if im not doing it physically i am mentally casting. its demanding, and not always a happy experience, a bit like falling in love, but unrequited. '

2 comments:

Karen and Sara Brown said...

these are amazing. i love his choice and placement of color...and the slouchiness of them...great.

it wont let me click to enlarge but beautiful nonetheless!

The Modest Adonis said...

K, how are you? Go to his site which is linked with his name on the write up i gave...